https://gomentumstation.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/IMG_0908.jpg 2048 3072 CurlyHost https://gomentumstation.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/GoMentumStationLogo-01-1.png CurlyHost2017-01-18 22:27:022017-01-18 22:27:02Government Technology: U.S. DOT Names 10 Proving Ground Sites for Testing Autonomous Vehicles
Government Technology: U.S. DOT Names 10 Proving Ground Sites for Testing Autonomous Vehicles
The United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) announced ten automated vehicle proving ground test sites that will form a Community of Practice with the goal of advancing autonomous and connected vehicle technology.
The proving ground designees were announced Jan. 19 and include:
- Pittsburgh and the Thomas D. Larson Pennsylvania Transportation Institute
- Texas AV Proving Grounds Partnership
- U.S. Army Aberdeen Test Center
- American Center for Mobility at Willow Run
- Contra Costa Transportation Authority and GoMentum Station
- San Diego Association of Governments
- Iowa City Area Development Group
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Central Florida Automated Vehicle Partners
- North Carolina Turnpike Authority
Randy Iwasaki, executive director of the Contra Costa County Transportation Authority, which operates GoMentum Station in Concord, Calif., said he was “honored to be selected as one of the ten locations in the United States. This is the only technology on the planet that can help reduce traffic fatalities to zero.”
Read the entire article at Government Technology.