Join the Contra Costa Transportation Authority, GoMentum Station and our partners for an informative and thought-provoking day of experts talking about how innovation and cutting-edge technology is quickly revolutionizing transportation. Scroll down for a sneak peek at some of the day’s sessions and confirmed speakers!
7:30 am Registration opens, breakfast buffet served
8:30 am Opening Session & Keynote Address
- Welcoming Remarks from State Senator Steve Glazer, District 7
- Welcoming Remarks from State Assembly Member Catharine Baker, 16th District
- Welcoming Remarks from Supervisor Candace Andersen, Contra Costa County District II
- Welcoming Remarks from Mayor Bill Clarkson, City of San Ramon
- Welcoming Remarks from Board Chair Federal Glover, Contra Costa Transportation Authority
9:15 am Bringing MaaS to the masses
As part of its innovative approach to becoming the premier testing facility for autonomous vehicles, GoMentum Station is leading a Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) project that will establish the gold standard for how to deploy on-demand mobility programs in a suburban setting. Learn more about this critical mobility concept that is key to easing congestion, and hear from experts about how to bring public and private partners together to solve mobility challenges.
- Moderator: Dave Hudson, Bay Area Air Quality Management District
- Jason Haight, President, Gig
- Steven Nelemans, CEO, Amber
- Jonna Pöllänen, Collaboration Manager, MaaS Global Ltd
- Piia Karjalainen, Senior Manager, ERTICO – ITS Europe & MaaS
- Christina Hvid, CEO for Rejseplanen A/S (Denmark’s digital travel portal)
10:45am Meet your new Assistant: The Promise of AI and Robotics
Robots are being designed to complement humans in a myriad of ways, anticipating our needs and learning to make decisions in more “human” ways to provide mobility support for the differently abled and seniors. This panel will explore the amazing potential that the trifecta of robots, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and the connectivity of the Internet of Things (IoT) can bring to our transportation future.
- Michael Fleming, CEO, TORC Robotics
- Paul McAlpine, VP of Engineering at MotionLoft
- Partnership for AI (invited)
12:00pm Luncheon buffet begins & demonstration
1:30 pm Lifting the Curtain on Funding the Future of Transportation: How Innovators Find Investors
There is an art to matching technologists with investors. Hear from tech leaders and some of the savviest players in the venture capital game: what attributes are investors looking for in their ideal start-up scenario? What are the telltale signs that a technology is going to be a game changer?
- Neil Pedersen, Transportation Research Board Executive Director
- Brandon Reeves, Associate, Lux Capital
- Sohier Hall, President/CEO, Luum
2:45pm Break & Demonstrations
3:15 pm Safe and Sound: Taking AV Safety and Security to the Next Level
As public acceptance of autonomous vehicles gains momentum, addressing the perception surrounding the safety of the passenger, and the security of AV systems from outside tampering are paramount. This panel will shed light on what companies are doing to keep passengers, drivers, and all travelers on the roads, safe from hackers or other system failures.
- Kaivan Karimi, Senior Vice President of BlackBerry Technology Solutions
- Suna Taymaz, Vice-President, Autonomous Vehicle Strategy at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah
- Chris Bluemle, Corporate Development and Strategy, Crown Castle
4:30pm Closing Remarks